Wednesday 17 August 2011

Modern Day Viewed From The Outside Looking In.

      Some may say that it is ironic that I have such a busy and bright background picture! Most of my days consist of endless hours indoors the house trying to gain enough energy for either an hour or a couple minutes of fresh air outdoors each day. I find it humourous that in modern day society people have grown so far away from nature and the natural order of the day! For example I was awoken the other morning by my mother rushing frantically around trying to get the painting in the bedroom done or the garden cleared or even hoovering at half past seven in the morning. I cried "Mam want on earth are you doing at this time in the morning!!' (Rather grumpily I must admit). She answered with stress permeating through her voice "I just have to get it finished Katie you just dont understand". "Dont understand! I have had to learn that things can wait and that if it takes another day to complete a task nothing happens other than it benefits your health!" She got rather angry at this and carried in the same manner all day trying to be superwoman; her heart obviously in the right place. Now in hindsight she proably agree's that another half an hour in bed and propably enjoying a teabreak would not have gone amiss. My mother is not the only person who lives like this all human beings seemed to have become accostomed to this unhealthy lifestyle in which they make there own time during the day and not following the natural order of things.
          I used to be one of them. I took it extreme there wasnt one minute in my day where I wasnt doing something. Didn't do me any good and it hasn't helped through my times been trapped in this glass box. I find it hard to relax and frustrating that I cant go out and run out to sea, the particle of sand's clinging to the skin in between my toes, or that I cant spend hours wandering aimlessly through woods and streams. Being trapped in a glass box looking from the outside of the world has shown me what is important in life. Yes, you have to sieze everymoment of the day and cherish those goodtimes we have, but just laying in your garden with the breeze blowing through your hair at one with nature is siezing the day and enjoying the natural peace and order of things just as much! So just try having 15 minutes to yourself everyday where you take in nature or just look at the world and see what an amazing world we actually live in! To bee's working hard in and out of the flowers; To cars flying down the A1 at 100 miles per hour! Just try it you might susprise yourself with interesting things you may find.

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment