Sunday 21 August 2011

Imagination is definitly the best form of meditation.

'Katie you have the most weird wonderful imagination'. I have never forgot been told that in the middle of an art lesson. Laid in bed resting the other day, I got rather down-hearing children singing and skipping down our road and lawns been freshly cut. All I could see was the sun light blaring on my floor. It was in the form of strips as the sun bled from the space in-between each blind. It did make a pretty pattern across my floor but I just wished I could go out and enjoy the world! I then started texting my friend and by the end of the conversation we were both on a secret tropical island drinking ice tea and cocktails! I was at peace with the world; obviously we entered the magical island through our imagination and my senses were alert hearing the sea glide back on forth along the sand and smelling the strong scent of salt from the ocean and seaweed along the beach. Our minds are strange! (Or mine anyway).
     The definition in the dictionary of imagination is as follows 'the product of imagining; a conception or mental creation, often a baseless or fanciful one' and 'the faculty of imagining or of forming mental images or concepts of what is not actually present to the senses'. As a child I always dreamed of underground slides, pink swimming pools (dont ask ha!) and a fairyland that chose humans as there sole protectors. Its fine for children to imagine but lets be honest, most adults do it too continously throughout the day just without admitting to it or awknoledging it as acceptable. As I live in a glass box, imagination is the only thing that gets me through it on my bad days. When I was quite severe I was to poorly to think, swallow or walk, my body was lifeless so coming out of that into a world where I have a quarter of my life back it has given me a new lease of life! I wouldn't get through my bad days at the moment if it was not for imagination. I dream I am an author living in an country side cottage which has pretty flowers winding around the red wooden front door! I dream that im singing on stage performing my songs in front of thousands of people! I dream that I am well enough to lay on a tropical beach with my friends!! Gone off on one now but it really is the best form of meditation!
      Lets say your not one of these people who wants to lay in total silence concentrating on breathing for half an hour a day. Personally I dont think you have too! You can lay and think about the one dream - the most special and important dream closet to your heart - and it will take you into your own space (imagination) for that time in the day when you most need it! I believe if you think hard enough about these aspirations and imagine yourself enough and how you want to get there it WILL happen. Not been able to work and play instruments or sing like I used to this is what I solely have to rely on to keep me going! And remember - a quote I got from a very dear friend to me <3 - Dont cry if the sun goes down because your tears wont let you see the stars..

I live on my ability to think like a child and dream!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment